Being Married: Boundaries for a Healthy Marriage – my recommendation
– Have each other’s passwords, for all social media outlets and leave it to the other person to look or check if they so desire (except work related).
– Encourage each other in your DAILY spiritual growth and in intimacy with God (the surest boundary is a strong Vertical relationship – the Fear of God).
– Avoid leaving apart, if you have to then let it have a time limit.
– When apart, set stricter boundaries – no talking to opposite sex about emotional issues. Ensure daily communication and prayer time.
– Avoid talking to an ex boyfriend or girlfriend (or someone you have feelings for) without the knowledge of your spouse. Never keep such conversations a secret – it will come back and bite your kahunas.
– When there are unresolved conflict issues (particularly emotional for women and sexual for men), avoid the opposite sex conversations, particularly at work or where you go often (over 60% of adultery takes place in the office in America).
– When you are on a road trip (business) without your spouse, avoid taking alcohol or anything that impair your judgment or night-out that involves a bar (you are married).
– If your emotions starts flowing when you see the image of an ex or anyone that seems attractive, first tell your spouse, then avoid that environment or ensure you don’t have intimate conversations with that person nor be alone with that person.
The key is avoiding Temptation and letting your spirit man (through the Holy Spirit) dominate your life….what healthy boundaries would you recommend?